What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell BA silver paint

Jim Percy

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a suitable paint to touch up the leading edge of the BA props? Their color is more silver than gray, and the prop paint sold by ACS doesn't come close to matching.

Thanks in advance!

Hartzell sells it for $ 128.00 per 12 oz. rattle can. That was the price they quoted me two years ago. The paint is Sherwin Williams silver code F75KXS13564-4311. If you call Hartzell they will provide you with the phone number for the Shewin Willliams distributor that stocks this paint. I believe they are located in Cincinati, OH. They only sell the rattle cans by the case. $ 280.00 for ten rings a bell. If you bug them enough like I did, they will sell you one can for $ 30.00 plus $ 30.00 shipping (hazmat?). One can will last you a long time if you just touch-up during the annual.

Ariel
RV7-A sold and missed
Rv-8 in the works

outrageouse

I got that same quote from Hartzell recently (now $139 !!).
Told them they should be ashamed to quote that price.

Can they not mix it

And sell you a quart for your HVLP gun?

At that price i'd be tempted to stip the prop completely and paint it a different colour.

Frank

Match the color?

In the past, when I need to paint one portion of a car and I want to match color, I take the gas door to the paint shop and ask them to match it. In less than an hour, their computer tells us all of the components needed to match the color. It spits out a formula of the various shades reqd to match.

Admittedly, removing a prop is not as easy as removing a gas door but if someone has the prop off and is willing to bring it to their local paint supplier, you could share the formula with everyone and end the monopoly/overcharge.

Paint suppliers also sell refillable shaker cans.

Barry

Back