Me and my little family recently immigrated to the USA from South Africa. I have my RV-7 that's in a shipping container and on the way here as well. Just couldn't leave my mistress behind!
Anyhow, I have about 50 hours on my RV and in South Africa all the boxes were ticked i.t.o. airworthiness etc. However, I now need to get her certified again in the States and I need some advice. I have the following questions:
- What would the process / steps be to get my plane certified and ready to go i.t.o. FAA regulations?
- Who completes the Major portion checklist? Me or the inspector? Any other forms I need to complete?
- I bought a partially built kit in 2012 from a gentlemen in Little Rock but unfortunately never got any build log from him. I do have a heck of a lot of build pictures from him as well as Purchase orders though. Would that suffice to prove his portion?
- Who inspects my plane? The FAA?
- Where can I get in touch with the relevant office?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!