What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Extras center console

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good afternoon everyone,
I completed my Aircraft Extra's Center Console yesterday afternoon and put it in my fuselage for the cool factor when I noticed (or more than likely I missed), there isn't a way to attach it to the F-746 Aft piece (the piece that hangs off the bottom of the instrument panel for throttle/mixture/prop). Does it attach or is it sturdy enough that it doesn't need to? Any suggestions from those who have built one?

Thanks,
Brandon

RV 6

I'm building a -6, but I don't think there is much difference in the two consoles. I fabricated a bracket to connect the two together and I think it will work fairly well.

E-z console

I got the E-z console for my six and I had to chop about 2-3 inches off the bottom because it was to high.. And it does take up butt room so if anybody decides they wants to get one.. Loose weight and make sure you get a pad on too because it's hard on tbe elbows.but other than that it's great., lol.

I was just looking at their site yesterday, I think I read that you need to fab a small bracket to reach the panel....not incled

Here ya go,

The dimensions are as follows: 3" wide x 11" high at the arm rest x 8" above the spar at the throttle Quad. (not including the throttle lever itself) X 31" long (which is the distance from the flap motor housing to the forward lip at the bottom of the panel. This will fit right in with no modification to your fuselage. One thing to note is that the forward top of the console (above the fuel valve) is 1-1/2" below the bottom of a standard vans panel. Our panel in the photos is a custom panel to allow for the desired instrument layout. The 1-1/2 inch distance will allow for a spacer that will be able to house the traditional plunger style engine/prop controls or additional switches. We will provide these spacers with the consoles on request.

Hi Brandon,

Did you find any of your parts in the kit were manufactured/supplied backwards?

I did and imediately contacted the supplier over 12 months ago and never heard back.

I plan to remake the incorrectly manufactured part anyway, but it would have been nice to get a customer service reply rather than be still waiting for one now and wondering if they had fixed the problem for others.

Oh well....not vans quality and not a structural component, so otherwise i think it is a good kit.

Back