VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-16-2018, 07:14 AM

Default Who's still running a Navworx box?

I picked up one of TimOs Navworx box. I understand all the gotchas - no wifi, no Display2, AMOC etc. But for now and for my equipage (see sig block), the price is right.

Just wondering for those still out there running this box legally with an external GPS.....whats your final system architecture (ie whats feeding what) and what "capabilities" or lack there of are you living with or have gotten around and how.

I'm wiring up now so appreciate any info or lessons learned.

Thanks
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 09-16-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniago View Post
I picked up one of TimOs Navworx box. I understand all the gotchas - no wifi, no Display2, AMOC etc. But for now and for my equipage (see sig block), the price is right.

Just wondering for those still out there running this box legally with an external GPS.....whats your final system architecture (ie whats feeding what) and what "capabilities" or lack there of are you living with or have gotten around and how.

I'm wiring up now so appreciate any info or lessons learned.

Thanks
Read the AMOCs. Those are the only solutions that are approved to be used.

The only issues are those you listed.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
Read the AMOCs. Those are the only solutions that are approved to be used.

The only issues are those you listed.
Yeah thanks Bob, thats not what I'm asking.

As I stated, what I'm asking for whats their specific connection architecture and how theyre experience is going........
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 09-16-2018, 08:49 AM

Mine has never missed a beat. I have had mine for four years. Not sure what you mean by “connection architecture”.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysrv10 View Post
Mine has never missed a beat. I have had mine for four years. Not sure what you mean by “connection architecture”.
What boxes ie GPS and transponder etc do you have inputting to your Navworx box and to what are you outputting its data ie display, splitters, wifi module etc..........
N251Y (res)
Dec2017
Old 09-16-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniago View Post
Yeah thanks Bob, thats not what I'm asking.

As I stated, what I'm asking for whats their specific connection architecture and how theyre experience is going........
Like I said, most of that information are in the various AMOCs. I was the author of two of them. They all state to wire them per the instructions in the Navworx installation manual. Bill did a pretty good job on the manual. They are full of all kinds of diagrams and schematics for each of the certified gps units.

Now, if you don’t have the manual, that’s a different question.

There were over a thousand units installed. They are work just fine with the exception of a couple known bugs.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:46 AM

I have an Avidyne 540 as external gps and a garmin 327 for TXP. No other connection such as WiFi. As Bob said, pick a connection diagram in the manual that fits your installation and u should be fine.

You need the software to turn off the internal gps. I am traveling but can most likely send u a copy in couple of months. Others may have the software also if u need it earlier.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
Like I said, most of that information are in the various AMOCs. I was the author of two of them. They all state to wire them per the instructions in the Navworx installation manual. Bill did a pretty good job on the manual. They are full of all kinds of diagrams and schematics for each of the certified gps units.

Now, if you don’t have the manual, that’s a different question.

There were over a thousand units installed. They are work just fine with the exception of a couple known bugs.
Thanks guys, I have the latest manual and I have the Control program, and Ive read the Navworx AMOCs thread http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...80+AMOC&page=5

All I'm after is for the 480 what install gotchas are there.....like the below comment by Recapen on the 430 (from the above thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by recapen View Post
MauleDriver - If you have questions about the 430W install, ask...there are some idiosyncrasies with that set-up...in and out!
Also Bob (and thanks for all your work in this area! ) the AMOCs reference install diagrams, but dont include those in the approvals. They they do not specifically say those are Navworx diagrams, but reference them as the requester's diagrams, in my case for the 480, Phil Yoder's diagrams.

So how exactly do I (or anyone else) know what they are or where to get them in order to comply with the install?
N251Y (res)
Dec2017