What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Operating Manual

jessebiltz

I'm New Here
Hey all. I bought a 2008 RV-7 a few months ago. After looking through all of the paperwork that came along with it, I'm noticing that the Operating Manual isn't totally legible. Over time, the ink has smeared and some of the important information is unknown... W&B, V speeds, specific calcs, etc.

I've tried contacting the builder (I'm the 3rd owner), and Vans has reached out as well... to no avail. I'm at a loss. Someone told me that Vans would have a generic manual and they sold me on a $10 thumb drive, but it's primarily construction information. They just informed me that the builder writes their own Operating Manual. Am I screwed?

Has anyone created an Operating Manual for the RV-7? Is there a better way of getting one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jesse

Front page left side

Look on the front page, left side, scroll down to POH's
There are some listed there. A very nice one for RV7A in Microsoft word format modify as need for your aircraft.

I used the aforementioned POH for mine and did a number of updates. Let me know if you'd like a copy.

BTW, from what I have read elsewhere, a POH is not required but certainly a good idea. If this is wrong, someone will be along shortly to correct me :D

You do have to have the operating limitations, which is different, but contains some of the same information.

Thanks so much. Would love a copy if you're willing. My email is jessebiltz (at) me (dot) com. Really appreciate it.

You could empty the tanks and do a weight and balance, not that hard, those are some numbers we need to know before flight.

The POH... I've been flying my -8 for 10 years and almost 1400 hours, and I'm still telling myself that maybe, someday, possibly, I might get around to writing up a POH for mine. Maybe.

But, having my Operating Limitations keeps me legal, so that's all I really need.

Back