What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eicad program

mrj22

I am adjusting the timing on the pmag with the eicad program. How do I confirm the new settings were properly uploaded to the pmag?

Mark

Last edited:
Which EICAD program did you download?

What you did sounds correct, although I don't use the EICAD program very much anymore.

Did you recycle the power on your P-mags when you tried reading back the settings?

I would also verify your send & receive connections. While simple wiring, I need to ask.

I am using version 4. I adjust the advance shift to -5.4 (angle valve IO-360) hit store config. Cycle the power or not happens either way. Close the eicad program and reopen. Advanced shift now reads 12.6. Happens on both pmags. All other settings remain as I have changed them (max advance etc.)

Mark

Last edited:
Mark, give Brad a call this morning. A few months back I adjusted the timing on a friend's IO-375 using the program and didn't have a problem.

Program Bug

Thanks for the assistance Bill.

I talked to Brad this morning and there is a known bug in the software. If the advance shift is set to a negative number the program will show 12.6 the next time it is connected to the pmag. The changes are retained by the pmag despite what the display is showing.

Back