What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cedar Key (KCDK)

SmilingJack

Well Known Member
Beautiful day in Florida today! Flew up to KCDK for lunch at "83 West" - very friendly place.

Fyi - Keylime Cake was awesome!

Do they still have the old Taxi cab giving rides to town?

They sure do! An RV-6 landed as we were leaving and was being picked up....I think he had to wait a whole 2 mintues :D

Plus, when we landed both on Unicom and as we walked by the house across the street they asked if we need a ride.

We walked due to the "Keylime Cake"! You have to pay to play ;)

I am jealous we are starving here. :)

NYC%20-%201_1.jpg

They sure do! An RV-6 landed as we were leaving and was being picked up....I think he had to wait a whole 2 mintues :D

Plus, when we landed both on Unicom and as we walked by the house across the street they asked if we need a ride.

We walked due to the "Keylime Cake"! You have to pay to play ;)

exactly like twenty years ago...
when I flew there the first time in 1995, hearing trafic on 122.8 , I asked about trafic advisory....
Immidiatly a guy reply providing rwy in use, wind calm and asking if I needed a cab to dowtown... :)
I answered surprised :hoo yes Sir , thanks.
After land and tire down my old Skyhawk, the yellow cab was ready near the ramp and the radio voice became a face, the taxi driver :eek:
1st class service.... and 20 years less :(
Amazing experience for us who come from old Continent...
PS: Unforgettable sunset on the pier at Cedar Key

Hey John,
It has been a couple of years since I have been out to CDK. It was starting to die back then. A lot of restaurants had closed on Dock Street. How is it looking now? Any of the Restaurants coming back?

Hey John,
It has been a couple of years since I have been out to CDK. It was starting to die back then. A lot of restaurants had closed on Dock Street. How is it looking now? Any of the Restaurants coming back?

They did get hit by the hurricane surge earlier in the year which took out docks and flooded the lower restaurants.

But overall there were many to choose from.

83 West is where we went and the down stairs was being renovated while the upstairs was fully operational.

We'll be back for sure.

KCDK Taxi

Usually Judy will give you a call on CTAF 122.9 when you make a position report for the pattern. She charges $5.00 per person each way. Her cell is 352-949-2127. Great osyters. Careful if you park in the "grass/sand" opposite the ramp - it's very soft and easy to get burried in - ramp has very limited space and usually pretty full on weekends.

Back