What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cincy to Waukesha

A5555

Well Known Member
round trip and followed the same line around Chicago.

flight_zpsolawyexq.png

low clouds and I needed to pee so I stopped at Delphi Indiana, which I happened upon, and met a stranger. not really a stranger in the RV world. I shook hands with Mr. Paul Ruley, President of Chapter 256, who was working on his 7 with a broken human rib and moaning from time to time. soon I was helping with a bolt. his plane is fine workmanship. 63 items on his punch list. I am looking fwd to hearing of the first flight.

DSCN0828_zpso4uneh2u.jpg

DSCN0832_zpsdeboikll.jpg

DSCN0831_zpsou2rheyc.jpg

DSCN0833_zpscnjuj0te.jpg

DSCN0835_zpspbywtfeg.jpg

DSCN0836_zpssol20yd4.jpg

DSCN0842_zpsox1gudrt.jpg

DSCN0844_zpsm4be1xox.jpg

it's nice being around Paul and his plane in this stage... the final stages of birthing.
DSCN0848_zpslncbskit.jpg

Last edited:
I pressed on thru the gloom and then broke free to find a feather pointing the way. carb heat was required this day. OAT = 1C.

DSCN0854_zpstfvphjmv.jpg

DSCN0852_zps52nmxdw1.jpg

DSCN0856_zps09utjpqq.jpg

DSCN0857_zpszvhotkty.jpg

nice scenery on the way home. I arrived slightly after dark after reminding myself I said I wouldn't fly after dark but happy to have replaced my again burned out halogen bulb. I am getting tired of swapping those bulbs.

DSCN0883_zpsi6bq0du6.jpg

DSCN0894_zpsrx1a1mlv.jpg

it's amazing how just a couple of hours with family makes you feel good.

15134580_10157771907655693_6934374237052102684_n_zpspdoozerc.jpg

Last edited:
it's a real "feather cloud". I don't see evidence of any chem trail. this is the first one I have seen so low. I looked it up and there is not much info about them but here's what I found....

"feather clouds" or "mares tails." They're composed of hexagonal ice crystals and are commonly found of altitudes of 20,000 feet (6,455 m) or higher.

I think I'll take it as a good omen for 2017.

Last edited:
Nice Steve. It must be fun making a trip up north like that. Almost to OSH.
One of these days, hang a left and head out to KEUL and help out on my plane!!

Nice Steve. It must be fun making a trip up north like that. Almost to OSH.
One of these days, hang a left and head out to KEUL and help out on my plane!!

I will say it's nice to supply motivation when the opportunity presents. I needed the same and still do.

Back