What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A200 Switched aircraft power

hcccs

Well Known Member
Pin P on the Molex connector of the A200 is "switched aircraft power (output)". What exactly does it mean and what could it be used for?

It's just as the signal name implies. It's aircraft power that's routed in from the back connector, then through the radio's power switch and routed out the back connector to Pin P. Not many reasons I can think of to use it in a modern cockpit,

It's just as the signal name implies. It's aircraft power that's routed in from the back connector, then through the radio's power switch and routed out the back connector to Pin P. Not many reasons I can think of to use it in a modern cockpit,

Maybe route it back again through a potentiometer and into pin B to regulate the brightness of the display?

Maybe route it back again through a potentiometer and into pin B to regulate the brightness of the display?

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. I have my Icom backlight wired to the nav light switch - that way the backlight comes on, whether the radio is on or not, and I can actually see where the radio is to be able to turn it on! :D

Back