What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hoses with integrated fire sleeves from TS Flightlines

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Check out the hoses that my friend Tom Swearengen of TS Flightlines sent me. I am busy installing my overhauled IO-360 engine after 2150 hours of trouble free service. Tom offers these hoses with "integrated fire sleeves" which give the hoses a great look with a surface that is smooth and easy to keep clean. I sent Tom all of my old hoses and he matched them for a perfect fit. Thanks, Tom for great service and a super product! (I have no connection to TS Flightlines other than knowing Tom personally and appreciating the fine work that he does.)

(PS: I'm overhauling the engine because the plane is down to replace a cracked canopy and I prefer to overhaul the engine now rather than wait for some failure to mandate an overhaul in the middle of the contest flying season. Now I'm good, hopefully for another 2150 hours of flying. :))

A timely post as I'm just about ready to install "flight" hoses on the Rocket and I was hoping that Tom offered the integrated product. He'll be getting an order from me soon.

For those interested, we use Stratoflex 124J and 101 hose for our integral firesleeved assemblies with the appropriate hose cuffs. The 'experimental' versions use our stainless hose ends, the 'certified' versions use Stratoflex certified hose ends. Yes, we can do custom creations.

Tom

I've replaced many hoses for customers over the years, all from Tom. He makes a quality product, is a great guy with unmatched service, I highly recommend TS Flightlines for all your hose needs!

so are you making these in-house or are you just ordering to spec? I have traditionally ordered these from aeroquip to spec and am curious if any alternatives exist (mostly due to cost!)

I'm sure impressed with Tom's continued support and patience as well as his terrific product.

so are you making these in-house or are you just ordering to spec? I have traditionally ordered these from aeroquip to spec and am curious if any alternatives exist (mostly due to cost!)

Tom and Steve make all the lines in-house.

One point not made here is that these hoses with integral fire sleeve are considerably smaller in outside diameter than comparable locally-fabricated hoses made with Aeroquip 303 cloth/rubber line and fittings. They also are more flexible. Ultimately they make for easier routing and more space in that tight working space between firewall and the engine.

BTW I've never done business with Tom but have on more than one occasion received helpful advice from him (once totally unsolicited). Based solely on his willingness to reach out and help a person who isn't even a paying customer, one has to believe he's a pretty decent character with whom to do business.

The lines on our aircraft were made by Steve. He went way over the top in accommodating our needs. From everything I have read here it seems Tom and Steve are a good match in their customer service ethic.

Brian---we build these in house. Lead times might be alittle longer--we dont stock alot of the hose due to costs and turnover like our standard teflon hose. But, depending on how fast we can get it, we can usually turn these around in a couple of days.
Tom

Back