What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cold Air Sump / Christen Inverted Oil

bkaufman

Ok gang, a perusal of old threads has produced no insight.

Looking to invest in a cold air sump for a O-320 that we?re putting back together. Trying to decide between the ECI and Superior sumps.

Anyone have any insight into how well these two units play with the Inverted System?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Kaufmann
801-319-3218

On our RV-7A...

Ok gang, a perusal of old threads has produced no insight.

Looking to invest in a cold air sump for a O-320 that we?re putting back together. Trying to decide between the ECI and Superior sumps.

Anyone have any insight into how well these two units play with the Inverted System?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Kaufmann
801-319-3218

We went with the Superior cold air sump on our ECI IO-360 - primarily because Clint at Vetterman indicated he had an exhaust that would work with the Superior, but not the ECI sump. We installed a Christen inverted oil system a couple of weeks ago when I was out at Synergy. I had Tom at TS Flightlines make custom lines, including the breather lines - using AN fittings, instead of the the MIL-H-6000 hose. We deleted the breather Tee by using a Raven non-accessory pad oil pickup.

It's a tight fit, but everything seems to work (fit) so far. The airplane has not flown, however, so take my experience with a grain of salt.

I can send you pictures if you email me.

Superior cold sump. Clint would have to build you a custom exhaust. ( I have a ECI sump hanging on my wall that I'm NOT going to use for that reason.)
The Superior sump plays well with the Christen or Raven inverted oil kits---its just a manner of plumbing.

Tom

Back