What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Falcon RV Fly-In?

See the calendar on the front page bottom.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Here's the info in any case:

Please join us, The Falcon RV Squadron, for our annual spring RV fly-in and cookout on Saturday, May 10th

The Falcon RV Squadron is inviting you to its spring 2014 RV fly-in and cookout at Falcon Field, Peachtree City, GA (KFFC). You are invited as long as you own an RV, are building an RV, want to own or build an RV, or you just like looking at RVs. The cookout will be at Falcon Field, Hangar D-30. D-30 is the Headquarters of the Falcon RV Squadron, home of over 35 flying RVs! The hangar is located on the northwest end of the airport. There will be signs and “follow me” golf carts to assist in parking. When you park you will be given a “Welcome” flyer with additional details. Lunch will be from 11am until 1pm (or thereabouts). It’s all free! Not only that, we will be offering everyone some special good deals. If the weather is not cooperating, Saturday May 24th is the back up day.
Special Good Deals for our members and guests:
Free Door Prizes. A number of companies are donating items for raffle. Every arriving guest will be given one free ticket. Additional chances can be purchased for a fee. Register for the raffle on arrival. The drawing will be at 12:00 pm and you must be present to win.
Discounts at Aircraft Spruce: Aircraft Spruce will be offering discount pricing for our guests on Saturday. Just present the “Welcome” flyer at the counter to receive the discount.

Contacts:
Don Roberts at [email protected] 678 438-3052
Dane Patterson at [email protected] 678 378-7849
Mark Strahler at [email protected] 770 841-6128

Last edited:
A Special moment at Falcon Field

Speaking of Falcon field (FFC), I flew in there last Sunday morning and when I was 10 miles out I heard a call for a flight of four warbirds 3 miles inbound for the overhead, landing 13. I told lead I would delay my entry to the pattern until they were recovered.

The number 4 aircraft, a Corsair, called short final as I entered a right base. I had the pleasure of watching the Corsair sail lazily over the pond which sits at the approach end of the runway. It was just after 0800, the air was still, the sun was still kinda low as I turned final. Really a perfect flying moment and another reason why I love to fly.

As I rolled out after landing, the Corsair was taxiing to the CAF hangar with its wings folding up.

Trainers

Seems like there are a bunch of trainers in the air between FFC and CCO these days so keep on the look out for them. I listened on 123.45 for about an hour last Saturday while the instructors were trying to corral one of the kiddies back to civilization somewhere around the southside. English language is a little tough to understand but those kids are really nice. Seems like most of the trainers traffic are those Diamonds at around 2000ft between those two airports. Buzzing in an RV at our speeds can get interesting real fast. If I still have my -6a then, I'll probably attend. Great group of folks at FFC.
cj
74GA

The weather may not be bright sunshine, but we are "Go" for the Falcon RV Squadron Fly In this Saturday. See Jerry's post above for details.

Back