What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Power PPS pre registration ticket

jeffw@sc47

Well Known Member
Is there anyone that did get a registration for a Vertical Power PPS box that has moved past the point where they would have used/installed it in their build and can pass on that preregistration ticket to me? Not sure how that would work, I have a call into Chad to see if it is possible.

There were posts that registrations would be taken at KOSH '17 for the purchase waiting list, but so far no-cigar.

I would like to get and install the PPS into my RV14A build and I am still about a year from first flight, or there-abouts. I might be able align with the release.

I have the VP-X Pro unit mounted already.

Last edited:
pps

I don't know how that would work. I have spot #11, for now. I spoke with them at OSH and apparently they are doing a reboot for the PPS as there were some issues prior to it's expected release. I am hopeful that they will get the issues worked out as I am still planning on using it in my -10. I haven't received any recent correspondence from Chad, the last one was in June...

All previously issued voucher numbers and reservation slots will still be valid and honored when we reach production.

What Jeff was asking me about was to see if I knew of anyone that has a voucher number and won't be using it. I can't be involved in that process of finding someone, but if someone is willing to give Jeff a number, I can change the info as it won't affect anyone's position negatively. That voucher number will go to the bottom of the list.

The PPS production is being moved to our "sister" company Astronics AES (Advanced Electrical Solutions) just down the road from Astronics Ballard Technology. AES did the design for Ballard, and a decision was made to move production to their facility as they specialize in this type of production. The VP-X, and myself, will also be moving to AES later this fall, but the PPS is going sooner so it can get in to production sooner. We are looking at early 2019 and all voucher holders will be contacted again to work out the process as the delivery process may change a bit depending on how AES is set up to do so.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Chad says he can do it easily

Is there anyone that did get a registration for a Vertical Power PPS box that has moved past the point where they would have used/installed it in their build and can pass on that preregistration ticket to me? Not sure how that would work, I have a call into Chad to see if it is possible.

I spoke to Chad. He says he can transfer the registration voucher# with a phone call from a current holder. He just needs the transfer information from the current holder via a phone call.

Back