What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seats from Germany

How do they feel?

No one has yet to comment on the comfort/support of the Lemke seat. In my -9A i had Classic Aero seats - hey were comfortable, but very expensive. At OSH, I sat in Oregon Aero seats for my new -14A build - very comfortable and a definite option. The seats from Germany appear to be very well crafted and fairly priced making them a serious option as well. Can someone comment on comfort/support and fit?

Thanks!

I did get my seats and I really like them! they are comfy and very well made. I thought I had the pics in here but seems as if the link went bad. I went with the headrest but wish I didn't for my 6. I am working with lemke to modify the headrest so we all get the best of both worlds. baggage access with a headrest.

*full disclosure* I have been helping him in the US so feel free to mention my name for a discount. shipping was about $150 from what I remember. I did not pay a VAT unless it was already built into the shipping.

Catmando also flew in my 6 recently. I wonder what his impression was.

snipped
*full disclosure* I have been helping him in the US so feel free to mention my name for a discount. shipping was about $150 from what I remember. I did not pay a VAT unless it was already built into the shipping.
snipped

VAT is only for Europe and possibly Canada. I was referring to US Customs. Did you incur a customs charge by importing these seats into the USA.

Charlie

Clicked on the link in the first post and got the following:

"Sorry, the page you requested does not exist (anymore)."

Clicked on the link in the first post and got the following:

"Sorry, the page you requested does not exist (anymore)."

That?s a weird thing. Did the same for me but I was able to navigate through the website without any issues. The even have my seats in their photo gallery in the RV7/9 section. They are the black leather with tan inserts and the nice looking old Van?s logo.

My interior shipped out Tuesday. I'll report on the seats when I receive them.
secexf.jpg
[/IMG]

As mentioned, I flew dmat's plane last week. First impression of the seats is quite favorable when you see them, high quality fit and finish. 5.2 hours flying that day, never was uncomfortable. I was reminded halfway through the day there was a lumbar support but really felt no need. Definitely would skip the headrests if it were me. To be fair, I jumped back in my plane with some second hand Cleaveland seats, and at no time during the 45 minute flight home did my mind (or backside) scream "Call Lemke when you land!" but then again I am not too picky.

I ordered March 12th and my interior shipped last Tuesday. I ordered sheepskin seats and they had issues with how much sheepskin they needed so that added to the time it took.

First fit

Interior arrived Monday so I just threw it in for a trial fit. I'm pretty happy. Seats seem very comfy yet supportive. Side panels made with BMW leather. When I opened the box it smelled like a new BMW.
20190911-112610.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20190911-112625.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I know Lemke has been a bit behind due to the volume of work (blessing and a curse). I am also waiting on my updated seats as Rob and I would rather have you guys sitting in style first.

Again, mention my name and get a discount ;)

D

German interior arrived

Received my RV-6 seats and interior, last week, Robert quoted 4 weeks shipping, only took 3, via USPS. Leather and stitching, outstanding, carpet quality, amazing. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased.
Dick

Seat & Carpet pictures

Could you post some pictures of he seats and especially the carpet they offer. I ordered seats but have not ordered carpet. I would like to see the carpet and some feed back.

regards,

Could you post some pictures of he seats and especially the carpet they offer. I ordered seats but have not ordered carpet. I would like to see the carpet and some feed back.

regards,

Plus 1 for a PIREP. Carpeted flooring was not offered when I ordered my interior.

I will take some photos tomorrow, uploading them might be a problem, however, I will give it a try.
Dick

Received my Lemke RV7 interior last week. Very pleased, excellent quality. It smells like a new BMW!

Thanks Robert. Good work!!

Back