What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control Stick

SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
I saw in the Feb issue of Kitplane magazine that the RV-14 does have a bent control stick. So if any of you -14 builders can measure the dimensions of the control stick and post that would be great. I?m especially looking for diameter, wall thickness and the bent itself (offset with start and end of bent).

I?m asking because I messed up one control stick trying to bend it for my RV-8 and may be a -14 stick can be somehow adapted for the upper portion.

RV14 control stick

I saw in the Feb issue of Kitplane magazine that the RV-14 does have a bent control stick. So if any of you -14 builders can measure the dimensions of the control stick and post that would be great. I´m especially looking for diameter, wall thickness and the bent itself (offset with start and end of bent).

I´m asking because I messed up one control stick trying to bend it for my RV-8 and may be a -14 stick can be somehow adapted for the upper portion.

The diameter at the non-powder coated end is 7/8". The wall thickness is approx. 0.060 or slightly less. The length and bend are shown in the included picture. The length is about 15" and the offset about 5 1/2". Rather than bend another, you may consider buying one off this site. The Tosten grip for the 14 includes the stick so a few original sticks may become available shortly. The Tosten stick will have slightly different dimensions to accommodate their grip.
2uzcfn4.jpg

Last edited:
Back