VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > Texas (South)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie78 View Post
Fentress Airpark, approximately 8nm southeast of KHYI. (San Marcos) XS90 in Airnav.

3000'+ hard surface, lit runway. Airnav says it's gravel but that's incorrect. Water and power are already in. Lots for sale all line the East side of the runway and are about 1 acre each.

Myself and another friend with an RV-8 own 2 lots each and there are 14 total in the development. Finalizing my hangar design and will start construction very soon.

PM me if you want more info.

Rob

Former 88R hangar owner
Hi Rob, it looks like we're neighbors. We closed yesterday on Lot 10. Is your lot the one that recently had the water meter installed?

We won't be building for a while but I'm very interested in what types of homes people are considering.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:11 PM

Default Air Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mozingo View Post
If you have an interest in living in an Air Park Airpark in South Austin , Kyle, Buda area, give me a call / or email.

Yes I am interested.

Lowell LeMay
512 689 6768

pfantom3@gmail.com
Old 02-04-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNellis View Post
Hi Rob, it looks like we're neighbors. We closed yesterday on Lot 10. Is your lot the one that recently had the water meter installed?

We won't be building for a while but I'm very interested in what types of homes people are considering.
Congrats on the close! Glad to have neighbors!! I own lots 6 & 7, my buddy owns 8 & 9.

Contact me privately at aggies78 AT gmail dot com and we can discuss hangar stuff in more detail.

I am looking at proposals for a hangar with some living space built in-i.e.- a couple of bedrooms, kitchen, living area. Something to hang out in when we come down to visit the daughter living close by...

Landing there as an eventual retirement place (next 2-4 yrs) is possible, if the place develops nicely.

Again, congrats and I look forward to meeting you!

PS-I'm pretty sure I didn't have a water meter installed yet...but could be wrong. I'll give the lady at the water works a call....
T67-Hicks Airport, Texas
VAF Monthly Donor

Last edited by Aggie78 : 02-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:16 AM

A quick update (or lack thereof) to keep this thread alive... Iíve kept the idea of a Hill Country Air Park / Community on a simmer but have not come across the partners/expertise and land opportunity to make progress. I do keep an eye out for appropriate land opportunities so please bring those to the table if you hear of them. Also, successful air park development expertise is needed so if you have these contacts as well, that will point is the right way also.

If progress is made, Iíll feed that back to the community. Cheers.

- Jason Sills
Old 10-24-2019, 11:52 PM

Default Austin land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammalian04 View Post
... Iíve kept the idea of a Hill Country Air Park / Community on a simmer but have not come across the partners/expertise and land opportunity to make progress. I do keep an eye out for appropriate land opportunities so please bring those to the table if you hear of them. ...
Jason, plenty of flat land out to the East and South East of Austin.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8ch View Post
Jason, plenty of flat land out to the East and South East of Austin.
Valid point and with that flat land are a couple airfields and a fly-in community. Unfortunately, that is out of the convenient range for many of us in the Hill Country meaning what might be a short flying morning becomes a non-flying day entirely. The lack of an options close by is largely what took me out of flying for many years. Iíd like to solve this problem before reinvesting myself a way that I canít maintain when life gets busy. With the recent growth out west, I have to think an airfield would have more supporters now than ever.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:12 AM

Default My XS90 (Fentress Airpark) Build

Jason,

Just an FYI...I finished my build out inside a 65x65 hangar on the runway at Fentress and it's currently listed as a FSBO.

Email me privately if you'd like more info.

Best,

Rob Schroer
T67-Hicks Airport, Texas
VAF Monthly Donor
Old 10-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie78 View Post
Jason,

Just an FYI...I finished my build out inside a 65x65 hangar on the runway at Fentress and it's currently listed as a FSBO.

Email me privately if you'd like more info.

Best,

Rob Schroer
Hi Rob, Fentress caught my eye so am curious, Is this airpark used as a skydiving facility? Google earth shows a twin turbine jump plane and the runway is labeled Skydive? Thanks for the info
Old 10-25-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larco View Post
Hi Rob, Fentress caught my eye so am curious, Is this airpark used as a skydiving facility? Google earth shows a twin turbine jump plane and the runway is labeled Skydive? Thanks for the info

Hi Larry,

Yep, Skydive Spaceland has a facility at the north end of the property and own/maintain the runway.

The airpark property owners have permanent access to the runway granted by them and memorialized in the closing docs.

My partner and I have the first 2 buildouts on the 14 one acre airpark lots and so I'm sure there will be a learning curve as we grow and the rest of the lots get developed. I have initiated a relationship with their manager to make sure we avoid problems-good guy and I think we are addressing each other's concerns.

Mainly, good comm with them via a phone call (if outbound) or on the radio to their ops freq (if inbound) and that has worked well.

Hope that answered your question.

Rob

ps-I edited my post on page 1 of this thread to post up a few updated photos for folks of what's out there now...
T67-Hicks Airport, Texas
VAF Monthly Donor

Last edited by Aggie78 : 10-25-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:02 PM

Default Keeping an eye on this

Iím following intently. Not ready to make an investment just yet, but itís on my short list. As is KDZB (Horsehoe Bay). Any have information/comments/knowledge of that airpark?