What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B and AFS--callsign displayed?

tomhanaway

Well Known Member
I have dual AFS 4500's and Navworx. My traffic displays and weather are both working well and I love it.

A friend of mine back from Oshkosh mentioned that several people with this setup were able to see the call signs of planes when the other plane's location was displayed on their AFS panel (I don't know if the call signs would only show up for other ads-b transmitting planes).

If this is possible, what do I need to adjust in either the ads-b or afs 4500s to enable this feature?

I have dual AFS 4500's and Navworx. My traffic displays and weather are both working well and I love it.

A friend of mine back from Oshkosh mentioned that several people with this setup were able to see the call signs of planes when the other plane's location was displayed on their AFS panel (I don't know if the call signs would only show up for other ads-b transmitting planes).

If this is possible, what do I need to adjust in either the ads-b or afs 4500s to enable this feature?

I know several folks with AFS 5500s that are seeing the N numbers. I asked if the feature was ported to the 4500s, but they didn't know. I just haven't had a chance to post the question to the AFS forum or ask Rob.

bob

My AFS 4500 is very nice but ...

I'm disappointed that legacy models like the 4500 don't get the attention that the latest 5500/5600 versions get. My ads-b works fine on my 4500 and I'm not expecting that it will ever display callsigns/tail numbers or for that matter any further upgrade or enhancements. it's business I get it.

Back