What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B

Not holding my breath

I've been hearing about the "new" ATC system they are going to build my entire adult life.

I did a little checking...

The NavWorx ADS-B unit will continue to give you traffic information even with the GPS not working correctly. The accuracy of the traffic report will be effected. The up linked data will be based on what ever ATC is getting from the other targets. IE radar return or mode S, etc. Keep in mind that those other targets may not have loss of GPS signal.

I hope the FCC will get this fixed soon, because it could have very bad effects on someone flying IFR and doing a GPS approach.

Kent

ADS-B & the iFly700

From what little I understand of this, isn't the iFly700 also working on this in a future update; or am I completely confused here? A lot of this is totally greek to me other than the fact that it will be great to have free traffic and wx.

Last edited:
From what little I understand of this, isn't the iFly700 also working on this in a future update; or am I completely confused here? A lot of this is totally greek to me other than the fact that it will be great to have free traffic and wx.

Yes they are, but the IFLY will really only act as a display for an ADSB receiver. As the display is a bit weak in sunlight it probably isn't the optimal answer. Good thing about IFLY is that the owners are very flexible with their product and are working on weather, traffic and a 2nd gen display. It doesn't hurt that they also believe in reasonable pricing.

ADS & iFLY700

Yes they are, but the iFLY will really only act as a display for an ADSB receiver. As the display is a bit weak in sunlight it probably isn't the optimal answer. Good thing about iFLY is that the owners are very flexible with their product and are working on weather, traffic and a 2nd gen display. It doesn't hurt that they also believe in reasonable pricing.

Amen to that! Flexibility, good customer service and reasonable pricing like Adventure Pilot has shown will go a huge way in their ultimate success. I for one am pulling for them and will bend over backwards to give them my business.

Back