What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free Ride from DFW are to CO of OR

Flying again!

Well Known Member
Weather looks good so I plan on leaving early Friday to Oregon. I will be stopping near Pueblo CO but could go near Denver. If anyone wants a free one way ride let me know. I am going to pick up my daughter and her stuff from University of Oregon

TJ

Thanks rplittle, I'm looking forward to it and will post pictures after I return.

nevetsw18, I replied to your PM.

TJ

Planned Route

Here is the planned route - 3150nm. The yellow highlighted areas are stops for fuel or staying overnight (KEUG and KIFP).

0FGnWTUfRvaya9FUVewi-GEpanL6QeRgFzph_G9ZcG9RAd7eLVfY1gQNlJVjOaQBPozL83pfYLfJym29bYAe97aNg-9cz5TPCvj_Rsl28TPBdxHPfNDAZfMmeiRj4xc_m-B3LnGgVGkVRe3aQiwcukE1zEaQsu-SLSdltvx4SdXLRRDs6r5mfACfrhN0McZ2TLT2oM1ZVir6hwpfbUCrXwuRFiiElAYi8rS6aPr9_Lm9DEbU1E-CeMHqdNSxZC6_XSlAlIie-TXIj7Aer-IYCYBmitIMC1I1phNJBcggl6sjKTFaA_RPO0ltCaqq_M0kRxS0ZA0M8_D2ZTu6EBICzLvITJLj0D4eyNI6FMirdS28sLEZW6sGRTh4OSpl0MEhOp_VVqopruWudPpA4KTbVXLsgDszNuobGC-Ou_ZzbkRwBX23fZ91Un2W-F14Lmhd2Myh-dhE-r6pEOpo5Arly1EK7vwjSr6XkXahWXdwFEbkiaEjZfTWxIUuwJchX81-idc6qzFZFj5h6Zs2ssGMMM7BO5Lnz39a4z2rd4HNWvIE62eEB3N5SlG8xslCTqevPzMK3kq9odCJFD4yWkmhGhMGnnsZQ-J2vsFf2p2JgIp--26v30HhK5cXGxsya3bpDowt0xZjs88tPD1mgmzAD8yTBrX90Y6qzhWlcKDbrA=w948-h600-no

A heads up regarding KIFP. This may not be of concern but the Signature FBO at KIFP has 3 fee's. 35.00 possibly waived with fuel purchase. 5.00 fixed and a 10.00 fixed for overnight. At least this is what it was last week when we landed there.

Recommend flying over the high desert very early morning unless you don't mind getting kicked around. :)

Have a great trip

Thanks for the info Larry. My cousin just told me she has a friend with a plane in A20 (Sun Valley) and I can keep my RV10 there overnight for $7 and the other plus is 100LL is $4.45 vs $5.41 at KIFP - a win-win:D

TJ

Have a great flight! Wish I could take you up on the offer to ride the whole way (I have family west of Portland), but my weekend schedule will not allow it. I am beginning a -10 build and would like to experience a long cross country in one, and have looked at a KS to OR flight many times by RV. Looking forward to your write up.

Fun!
Flying out west always has some exposure, but with a bit of planning, you can route yourself where by you have better options than direct. Your direct routes take you over some very remote places.
As an example, in Oregon an Northern Cal, fly down the valley out of Eugene, to Merlin (Grants Pass), Medford, Redding, then across.
Or, if you really want the Coast views and experience, stick along the shore. Few options still but more than over the Mountains.
Not trying to be your mother, but I try to give myself outs when I can.
Have fun.

Back