What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing X Pro

Karl.Kruger

Does anyone know if Hilton got rid of the Traca function on one of the updates to Wing X Pro? It?s still listed in the help section for the moving map but if I touch the functions button it has everything but Traca. I figured out a long press on the moving map brings up the option to add a waypoint to my route; but none of the extra reroute options exist. I?ve never even seen the Traca option. Any ideas?

WingX Traca

Karl,
I have WingX version 9.0.1.1. You can access the TRACA feature from the moving map page by hitting the "down arrow" on the upper right corner. "traca" is listed there and you can click on it for various options.

I haven't found it extremely useful but have played with it a little but normally don't use it.

Keith

Karl,
I have WingX version 9.0.1.1. You can access the TRACA feature from the moving map page by hitting the "down arrow" on the upper right corner. "traca" is listed there and you can click on it for various options.

I haven't found it extremely useful but have played with it a little but normally don't use it.

Keith

Works for me... just recorded this moments ago.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-HPMqrqqXwVTUd_OdigwYC7-l6G9yJmc

Also use it all the time.

Page 224 of the unofficial user guide shows examples of the difference options.

Last edited:
WingX Pro

Keith,
Thanks for the reply, I have the same version as you and if I click the ?Actions? button (not functions) Traca is not listed at all, too weird. I might try deleting the app and downloading again.

Update

Keith,
Thanks for the reply, I have the same version as you and if I click the ?Actions? button (not functions) Traca is not listed at all, too weird. I might try deleting the app and downloading again.

So, I reinstalled WingX Pro and Traca showed up in the Actions. I brought up the split screen with synthetic vision on the left screen and the sectional on the right, no Traca, swap synthetic vision to the right screen and sectionals on the left, Traca showed back up. I know this seems like a stupid thing that I?m obsessing on, but I hate bugs like this. At any rate, I found a work-around and the Traca idea seems pretty legit if a person wanted a quick reroute.

So, I reinstalled WingX Pro and Traca showed up in the Actions. I brought up the split screen with synthetic vision on the left screen and the sectional on the right, no Traca, swap synthetic vision to the right screen and sectionals on the left, Traca showed back up. I know this seems like a stupid thing that I?m obsessing on, but I hate bugs like this. At any rate, I found a work-around and the Traca idea seems pretty legit if a person wanted a quick reroute.

Good catch, I was able to replicate that as well, weird. I will mention it to Hilton

Actually playing with it some more, I have come to the conclusion that the behavior is by design, it you have any map related view selected traca is there but if you switch to say sectional and terrain, works on both, but switch to a non map view like documents or SV, obviously you can?t draw on those

Back