- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post

“The United States has the world’s most robust general aviation community, and we’re committed to continuing to make it safer and more efficient to become a private pilot,”

“The BasicMed rule will keep our pilots safe but will simplify our regulations and keep general aviation flying affordable.”

Beginning on May 1, pilots may take advantage of the regulatory relief in the BasicMed rule

The FAA and the general aviation community have a strong track record of collaboration.
Am I the only one that reads this like the FAA is spinning things to make it look like they were behind this change, and to show how much benevolence they have graciously bestowed upon us poor private pilots?????
EAA 512

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 01-10-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Am I the only one that reads this like the FAA is spinning things to make it look like they were behind this change, and to show how much benevolence they have graciously bestowed upon us poor private pilots?????
No (extra words added so I can post)
Old 01-10-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
You say that almost as if it were somehow unexpected.
Previous RV-7 project (sold)
-=VAF=- 2017 dues paid
Old 01-10-2017, 11:40 AM

The FAA givith's so the FAA may take away.. They just want us to know who's driving this bus. (Even if it's not really them)
Old 01-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
When I was in the USAF, we were told, "If you haven't heard a new rumor by 10 am, Start one!" In my 6 years, I never got to start one.
Back to rumor control stories. Stationed at Kunsan Korea in 1992 loading bombs on F-16s we started a rumor that went base wide quick as can be. Note that Korea, for almost everyone, was normally a 12 Month tour. So one night at the club we start talking about how everyone who got to that base after a certain date was INVOLUNTARLY extended an additional 6 months for an 18 Month tour and all follow-on assignments were cancelled. Laughs ensued as the rumor swept across the room with people having one angry cow after another about not going home as planned and losing very precious follow-on assignments. About a month and a half later we’re at commander’s call and the first thing the commander says is “There’s a rumor going around base about 18 month tours. These are totally and completely FALSE!” Had another good laugh at that one!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Default Grounded till May

If I read that right then I can fly my 9A come May after I take the on-line medical education course that AOPA or EAA comes up with. My special issuance expired Dec 31st and I wasn't going to pay $5000 to take another nuclear stress test with the passage of the Pilots Rights legislature. I see my primary care physician every year and my cardiologist every six months regardless of the special issuance. I felt like I was a victim to the FAA for the past four years concerning the third class medical rules for a special issuance.
Building RV-12 with brother
Old 01-10-2017, 01:19 PM

It will be interesting to see how this affects the LSA market, particularly the RV-12.
APRS Tracking for KJ6YRP and New Flying Blog
2016 VAF donator
EAA Tech Counselor
Old 01-10-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
I see my primary care physician every year and my cardiologist every six months regardless of the special issuance. I felt like I was a victim to the FAA for the past four years concerning the third class medical rules for a special issuance.
AMEN!!!!!!!
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB
Lyc. O-360 carbed, HARTZELL BA CS Prop, MAG/P-MAG, Dual Garmin G3X Touch
Track N159SB (KK4LIF)
Like EAA Chapter 1494 on Facebook
Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Forum Peruser

The FAA's Final Rule called "BasicMed" but also known as "Alternative Pilot Physical Examination and Education Requirements*" has been published as a 77 page pdf file. See it here.

*Another acronym - APPEER
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/APRS Automatic Position Reporting System

“Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life

Last edited by rv7boy : 01-10-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:00 PM

Default test

Just joined up, and wanted to see what my reply to thread looks like after setting the parameters.

No longer a lurker : )
M20J