Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greghughespdx View Post
I'm guessing 3rd class medical reform. Or, they're handing administration of the federal airspace to Amazon and Google. One of those. Or both.
ATC privatization will be run by Uber.
www.puertoricoflyer.com

Last edited by GalinHdz : 01-09-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket RV9 View Post
The FAA will require a TSO'd primer, and the only one available will be apr. $500/pint due to the TSO process.
Are you sure that's not the TSA process?
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
North Texas (8TA5)
RV-6 Flying since 1993
175hp O-320
3-Blade Catto (since 2003)
FRIEND of the RV-1
Eagle's Nest Mentor
Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 PM

TFR around Trump tower will be expanded and autonomous surface-to-air missile batteries will be used to enforce the no-fly-zone.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM

Trump says we all have to buy his china made silk scarves or we're grounded
Old 01-09-2017, 09:49 PM

The FAA has been privatized. It is now a division of Garmin.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM

MEL
i was in maintanence in the usaf 1969-1973 and 1 day i got sick of all my people complaining about the work load we had! we only had 5 C130's. so i started a rumor!! lol. told my people, shut up its getting worse we are getting 15 CH53's and some CH3's. we were an air rescuse unit on 24 hr alert. well about 3 weeks or so later I got called up in front of the sqd commander, full bird. he started talking daily stuff with me as i reported to him alot. then all of a sudden he asked "whats this rumor about the 50 helicopters we are getting?" lol. i told him, ''as it says above, i was getting sick........ he said, well i just want to no how you knew about this before i did!? i said its just a rumor. he said '' nope! no rumor we are getting 27 choppers and YOU will be incharge of them all!!! any problems? ,,,,, dis-missed lmao
i kept my mouth shut from then on! no, i didnt, not my nature, more fun awaited my smart mouth. but i loved the airforce!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETE76 View Post
MEL
i was in maintanence in the usaf 1969-1973 and 1 day i got sick of all my people complaining about the work load we had! we only had 5 C130's. so i started a rumor!! lol. told my people, shut up its getting worse we are getting 15 CH53's and some CH3's. we were an air rescuse unit on 24 hr alert. well about 3 weeks or so later I got called up in front of the sqd commander, full bird. he started talking daily stuff with me as i reported to him alot. then all of a sudden he asked "whats this rumor about the 50 helicopters we are getting?" lol. i told him, ''as it says above, i was getting sick........ he said, well i just want to no how you knew about this before i did!? i said its just a rumor. he said '' nope! no rumor we are getting 27 choppers and YOU will be incharge of them all!!! any problems? ,,,,, dis-missed lmao
i kept my mouth shut from then on! no, i didnt, not my nature, more fun awaited my smart mouth. but i loved the airforce!
I believe it! If a rumor gets a foot-hold, it can go "viral" so to speak.

Another oddity; When we were finishing up basic training, a couple of guys stated that they were going to request "Overseas" because, "We want stateside and everyone always gets the opposite of what they request." When the list came out, our Commander congratulated us saying, "This is the first time I've ever seen that everyone got their first choice!" There were a couple of upset guys.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
North Texas (8TA5)
RV-6 Flying since 1993
175hp O-320
3-Blade Catto (since 2003)
FRIEND of the RV-1
Eagle's Nest Mentor

Last edited by Mel : 01-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:05 AM

Default It's here!

FAA logo
News & Update
You are subscribed to News & Updates from the FAA Homepage. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.
FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) today issued a final rule (PDF) that allows general aviation pilots to fly without holding an FAA medical certificate as long as they meet certain requirements outlined in Congressional legislation.

“The United States has the world’s most robust general aviation community, and we’re committed to continuing to make it safer and more efficient to become a private pilot,” said FAA Administrator Michael Huerta. “The BasicMed rule will keep our pilots safe but will simplify our regulations and keep general aviation flying affordable.”

Until now, the FAA has required private, recreational, and student pilots, as well as flight instructors, to meet the requirements of and hold a third class medical certificate. They are required to complete an online application and undergo a physical examination with an FAA-designated Aviation Medical Examiner. A medical certificate is valid for five years for pilots under age 40 and two years for pilots age 40 and over.

Beginning on May 1, pilots may take advantage of the regulatory relief in the BasicMed rule or opt to continue to use their FAA medical certificate. Under BasicMed, a pilot will be required to complete a medical education course, undergo a medical examination every four years, and comply with aircraft and operating restrictions. For example, pilots using BasicMed cannot operate an aircraft with more than six people onboard and the aircraft must not weigh more than 6,000 pounds. A pilot flying under the BasicMed rule must:

possess a valid driver’s license;
have held a medical certificate at any time after July 15, 2006;
have not had the most recently held medical certificate revoked, suspended, or withdrawn;
have not had the most recent application for airman medical certification completed and denied;
have taken a medical education course within the past 24 calendar months;
have completed a comprehensive medical examination with a physician within the past 48 months;
be under the care of a physician for certain medical conditions;
have been found eligible for special issuance of a medical certificate for certain specified mental health, neurological, or cardiovascular conditions, when applicable;
consent to a National Driver Register check;
fly only certain small aircraft, at a limited altitude and speed, and only within the United States; and
not fly for compensation or hire.

The July 15, 2016 FAA Extension, Safety, and Security Act of 2016 directed the FAA to issue or revise regulations by January 10, 2017, to ensure that an individual may operate as pilot in command of a certain aircraft without having to undergo the medical certification process under Part 67 of the Federal Aviation Regulations, if the pilot and aircraft meet certain prescribed conditions outlined in the Act.

The FAA and the general aviation community have a strong track record of collaboration. The agency is working with nonprofit organizations and the not-for-profit general aviation stakeholder groups to develop online medical courses that meet the requirements of the Act.

###
Please do not reply to this message. See our Contact FAA page for contact information.
Hatz Biplane
Falcon RV Squadron
KFFC Hanger D-30
Peachtree City, Ga
770 310-7169
EAA Technical Counselor #5142
EAA Flight Advisor #486336
ATP/CFI/A&P/DAR
Old 01-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Thanks Vern. For those that want to see the source, go here: https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=87125

1950 Navion - flying
RV-6 - 14 yrs and 95.7% done
3.5 L-2 projects on deck
Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 AM

Smile

Short version of FAA FAQ here -

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi...ion/basic_med/

I guess we still need to the posting in the Federal Register for details and wait for the March approved on-line course.
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ