What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DFW - Where do you buy oil?

N363RV

Well Known Member
1. To keep this thread clean it pertains to the Dallas Fort Worth area.
2. Where do you buy your oil?
3. Are you shopping by price, location or don't care.
4. Oil you use.
5. Price you paid for a case of oil.

For those of you showing up to this thread...years later.
Prices will likely be stale. This was posted on 9/7/2017

Lately I have beengetting my oil from AeroParts & Supply, Inc. - Aircraft Parts (KRBD)

A case of oil (I use Phillips X/C 20/50.) was quoted for $64.xx I forgot what the change was.

I am naturally looking for a better price. :)

Not in DFW area but would like to suggest you check for a DISTRIBUTOR in the local area for the best price. When I live in Los Angles, I had two distributors local and could also but Aviation Oil at Costco near the Torrance Airport.

I am lucky in the Pittsburgh area in that I have a local distributor that also has a website.

Not local but...

I use airplaneoil.com . They've treated me well and the shipping cost factored in to the case price is still much better than I can buy locally here.

Oil

With shipping to me in Fl its $100 that's $8.33 ech.
Makes you want to go to autozone and use car oil
Bob

I buy oil in Granbury Texas KGDJ just SW of Fort Worth. The airport has four cars and several great restaurants within 2 miles of the airport.

Thank you

Thank you all for your responses.

I forgot about Tinas. Thanks for the reminder Sid.

The airplaneoil folks do look like the cheapest at $55 a case of XC + $34 shipping for 3 cases... to Arlington, tx.

If you use Aeroshell (I did for years when I flew a 182), Tulco Oils located just north of KGPM (Grand Prairie) sells aviaton grade oil

PSC

I've been buying oil from Petroleum Service Company. $52.19 per case for the 20w50 XC plus shipping of about $17 to Gunter, TX.

BTW, our EAA chapter worked out a "bulk buy" deal with a local oil distributor wherein a group of us members purchased a bunch of cases of oil every six months resulting in a nice price discount. Something to consider.

I just shopped everywhere for Shell W120 and the cheapest I found, with shipping, was Skygeek. Don't complain about oil prices until you have to buy W120...

Tina's vs Reeder's

Was at Tina's this afternoon. Case of Philips 20W50 was $70.19 out the door.
Reeder's is currently $59 + tax.

In 2023.. the price is...

To add some new data as of ( 8/30/2023)

I just bought oil today...
I wanted save the hassle of driving around (DFW).

I ordered from these folks. AirplaneOil.com
-------------------

Phillips X/C Aviation 20W50 (Case of 12 Quarts)

PHILXC20W50-QTS

$68.00 USD

Qty: 3

$204.00 USD

Subtotal:

$204.00 USD

Shipping:

$58.08 USD

Tax:

$0.00 USD

Grand Total:

$262.08 USD (this included the shipping)

Shipping method:

FedEx Ground for $58.08 USD

Aviation Oil Outlet

I just ordered Aeroshell 15w50 - 3 case, 6 qts. each = 18 qts. for
$173.07 free shipping (over $75) last night, it will be delivered tomorrow via FedEx.

www.aviationoiloutlet.com

Last edited:
Phillips XC 20w-50

If you happen to be local to Leesburg, VA (KJYO) I have 6 cases (12 quarts/case) of Phillips XC 20w-50 for $75 each. Local pickup only, cash sale.

Back