What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G.A prop for RV series

Dear RVers,

I am Alex Tonini and I have been following your very interesting forum for several years.

Thanks to your posts I have collected several information that was used positively in my business.

I run GT-Propellers, a propeller design and manufacturing company established in 1969 by my father. In the last 20 years we have extended our production range to powerful CS propellers driven by more than 2500HP. Some of our prestigious CS propellers have been installed on Hurricane, Spitfire, Seafire, ME109 ecc.

More than 300 YAK 52 fly with our new design GT blades made to replace OEM Russian blades. 8/10 KTS faster in cruise and shorter take off have been recorded with our M14 prop upgrades.

GT- Propellers is EASA certified for design and production.

With over 15 years of experience on UAV/drone sector utilising ground adjustable props, we have deciced to offer same prop technology to sport planes operators.

We have just finished testing a new high performance three blade ground adjustable prop. The blades are made in wood and composite specifically designed for Lycoming and Continental engines as an alternative to the three blade fixed pitch prop

We called this innovative G.A prop - MMP.

Multi- Mission Propeller.

Starting with a monolithic hub CNC machined from aerospace aluminum. Various size of spacers are possible.

The low inertia blades are laminated from double density light wood and covered with composite/epoxy. The leading edges are protected with polymer or metal.

Different blade models, suitable for many aircraft types are available

The GT3-MMP RV style package cames standard with 13? composite spinner, 2.25inch spacer and 66inch prop diameter. More than 6 blade models can be utilised on all RV variants. Prop weight is approximately 24 pounds. Custom blades design are also possible.

This hub has many advantages and but most important is that blades are screwed in like the Russian V530 D. Familiar to Yakkers!

The easy blade installation allows to install the blades in few minutes and to easily select the pitch to obtimize your performance for a particular mission.

These operations can be accomplished by a single person with no additional help.

Pitch selection is very fast using the tool we developed for the prop.

The GT3-MMP is compatible with engines producing from 150 to 265 HP @ 3000 max RPM.

Serial production will start September 015.

A two blade version will follow with PN. GT2-MMP.

I will be more than happy to explain further details of this unique prop.

Contact me at:

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/GtProp

www.GT-Propellers.com

Thanking you for this opportunity.

Best regards.

Alex Tonini

Back