What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Percentage of time you actually leave destination airport?

AL_O_Dine

Personal flights landing at a different airport.

Of all your personal flights each year, how often do you actually leave the destination airport grounds?

Not always a different airport, but there may have been a hundred or two miles between takeoff and landing. Out here in the Mountain West, it's all very scenic. I never hung around the airport.

edit..... Looking again at the question. Yes, I leave the destination airport too. Even if it's outside the fence for brunch or a lotto ticket.

Last edited:
Al (-o-dine), before this goes too far, I would like to suggest:

1) You clarify the question. I think you want to know how many times you leave the destination airport once on the ground, not how many times you leave your home airport in the air, or the destination airport in the air. There may be some confusion.

2) Make this a poll, so the results are obvious.

3) Make the poll a couple of polls, one about the question you asked, the second about otions you use to leave the airport; like do you walk, bike, crew car, or rental car?

Tim

I'm gonna say almost every time - the few exceptions would be lunch runs to SJT to have lunch with my parents at the Chinese place in the terminal.

Hardly ever. I like to fly to different airports that I have never landed. I land and fly back home. Gives me some destination every time I fly. Unfortunately I now have to fly a long way to do that as I have landed at everything within a couple hours of home base.

Last edited:
Most of the time. I use the plane(s) for travel more than for just fun flying. I seldom just need to go to an airport. Crew cars are great when available. I seldom rent, but sometimes need to.

Back