What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video: "To Slick's for BBQ" Flight during the West Coast Formation Clinic 2013

Wonderful!

Fabulous video and music. Great flying, too. And I really liked the paint job on the wings of the plane following you. It kind of made it look like there was an arch to the wings, like a bird would have.

Nice! Somehow I think the first time i'm following close trail on someone and they turn on their smoke, it's going to scare the cr*p out of me... :)

Nice! Somehow I think the first time i'm following close trail on someone and they turn on their smoke, it's going to scare the cr*p out of me... :)

The first few times it catches your attention. After that you learn to anticipate it with the smoke call.

Wonderful.At about 3 minutes, it looks like you flew over something that appeared to have runway/taxiways plowed into the dirt. Was that an active field, former field, or future field? (or no field at all?)

Wonderful.At about 3 minutes, it looks like you flew over something that appeared to have runway/taxiways plowed into the dirt. Was that an active field, former field, or future field? (or no field at all?)

Bob, will have to look at the video again. All i saw on that flight were the 4 airplanes infront of me :) i did not look at any of the terrain until landing at sierra sky park.

Bob,

If you are talking about that square graded site next to a gold course, I think its just a construction site of sorts, not a runway (AFAIK). Looks to be just N of Fresno, between Skypark (Slick's home field) and Madera. Slick may know what it is.

Fun video, the transitions are fun to watch. You guys looked good from the BBQ too!

You're a very versatile music guy Ax...from Brittany Spears to rockin' hard to contemporary violin, you always pick fun stuff to play! :)

Cheers,
Bob

Great video and music AC! The transitions and smoke look good too. Kinda fun having the Oregon crowd follow the Cali guys around on that one... :cool:

Bob, the terrain that you are seeing are a couple of subdivisions under development in NW Fresno. Right under the powelines... :eek:

You're a very versatile music guy Ax...from Brittany Spears to rockin' hard to contemporary violin, you always pick fun stuff to play! :)
Cheers,
Bob

Thanks Bob. But just to clarify. My wife listens to Brittany, not me. That is what I am saying and I am sticking to it.

Great video and music AC! The transitions and smoke look good too. Kinda fun having the Oregon crowd follow the Cali guys around on that one... :cool:
Thanks Joe.

Back