What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brilliant Time saving measurement tools.

fodrv7

Well Known Member
Having finished my RV7, I am in the process of converting my workshop from metal to wood (sacrilege, I hear you cry) in order to build a Herreshoff 1910 design H12 1/2 Sailboat.
In the preparation I found the most brilliant rulers, squares and protractors on a wood tool website. They look to be quicker to use and should give more accurate and consistent results.

Website: http://www.incra.com/product_measuring_marking_layout.htm
I am NOT in anyway connected with this USA company. I'm a bloody Aussie.

Pete.
PS. Say G'day to Oprah.

These are nice indeed

I have a measuring rule and a couple of the T rules, and they are fantastic! Looks like I'll be needing the angle and centering rules now.

Wow

What an awesome company...thx for the tip! Like others, I can now buy another cool tool and then figure out where to use it...which of course will mean buying something else. So yeah, thanks...I guess!

The Incra rules look very nice and I love the slots/holes for marking, but they look like they require a very fine pointed pencil to use this feature. I don't think most of us are using pencils to mark our aluminum. Nice for wood though.

Erich

In addition to their layout tools, I have had one of their router fences for about 10 years. It is great for making beautiful, precise wood joints; including wooden hinges. I tried hard to find some way to use it on my RV

Jim Berry
RV-10

I wish I'd known about these 4-5 years ago. I'll just keep making do with my machinist rules from the local supply shop (out of business now, sadly) down the street.

The Incra rules look very nice and I love the slots/holes for marking, but they look like they require a very fine pointed pencil to use this feature. I don't think most of us are using pencils to mark our aluminum. Nice for wood though.

Erich

A normal sharpie works fine... I've been ops checking through all of the SB 10 build.

Jim

Back