What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

mystery photo #8

turbo

Well Known Member
a little island hidden away waiting for you.

img0754w.jpg

I think I got it, Turbo...

Thimble Island CT, one of many just off the coast near Branford CT? I don't fly helicopters though....

Speaking of Gilligan's island; did anyone see the episode where they devised a way to get off the island and Gilligan screwed it up?

That was my favorite episode!

It's a little-known fact that one can sing "Amazing Grace" to the theme of Gilligan's Island. Try it...sure to make you giggle. :)

Speaking of Gilligan's island; did anyone see the episode where they devised a way to get off the island and Gilligan screwed it up?

That was my favorite episode!

You mean the one where the professor made some new radio out of coconuts but Gilligan broke the antenna so it will never work? If they only would have accessed the internet and bought a quickbuild kit from Van's. But it would have to been with the new nose gear or Gilligan would have flipped it on the grass runway.

(now we have thread creep but RV related)

Last edited:
this island is on the esat coast...........

along victor 1. hmmm. gilligans island is in the florida keys. been there. well its a resort now. trying to recall the name.

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!

I just had to find the Amazing Grace lyrics to test it out.

Yep, you can indeed sing it to the Gilligan's Island theme!

Here ya'all are, cuz you know you gotta try it.:D:D:D

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

House of the Rising Sun

It's a little-known fact that one can sing "Amazing Grace" to the theme of Gilligan's Island. Try it...sure to make you giggle. :)

You can also sing "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun." I sang that one time as an audition for an amateur musical play. I got the part.

So, I guess that means you can sing Gilligan's Island to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun." :eek: I haven't personally tried it, though.

What's this got to do with RV's? :confused:

I think it's called Thousand Island. It was originally founded by Italians (under Caesar). Later it was French, then Russian.

Lately, there are rumors of vinegar seeping out of the ground and mixing with the oil.

I just amazed everyone at work with the Amazing Grace sung to Gilligans Island:D ...Wow the stuff you learn here!!!!

Gilligan meets Led Zeppelin

Then there is singing the Gilligan's Island lyrics to Stairway to Heaven:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCYLbFxTpI

Does anybody have the guts to go for the trifecta: sing the words to Gilligan's Island with the Amazing Grace back up AND both to the Stairway to Heaven tune? Something bad is bound to happen if you throw all three of these together!! :D

Then there is singing the Gilligan's Island lyrics to Stairway to Heaven

To take this theme even farther, there are some folks who swear you can watch the "Wizard of Oz" to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and supposedly the events of the movie line up with the songs on the album.

Never cared to see if that's true or not myself.

How about...

...Tangier Island. If you are into fresh sea food, crab cakes, or just "plane" crab pick'n, this would be the place.

YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i pass by it on victor 1 all the time. would like to get there some day.:)

Back