What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Displaying GPS reported altitude in G3X

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Just curious if anyone know if and how we can display the GPS reported Altitude on G3X touch. I found a way on the 650 to show it but it would be nicer if I can display it on the G3X.

I learned yesterday that the reported alert for 500 AGL is based on the GPS altitude and not barometric.

Just curious if anyone know if and how we can display the GPS reported Altitude on G3X touch. I found a way on the 650 to show it but it would be nicer if I can display it on the G3X.

I learned yesterday that the reported alert for 500 AGL is based on the GPS altitude and not barometric.

Hello Mehrdad,

You can setup one of the data fields shown at the top bar of the display to be GPS altitude or AGL altitude. We suspect the latter is really what you want.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Mehrdad,

You can setup one of the data fields shown at the top bar of the display to be GPS altitude or AGL altitude. We suspect the latter is really what you want.

Thanks,
Steve

Thank you Steve, this is exactly what I am hoping to have but I tried multiple menus/setup and did not see the filed or how to do it.

Can you help with this by any chance?

Edit: Looks like this might be it
Changing the information shown in the Data Bar fields:
1) Press the MENU Key twice.
2) Touch Setup > Data Bar > Data Fields.
3) Touch one of the Data Bar fields.
4) Touch a new data field from the list.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve, this is exactly what I am hoping to have but I tried multiple menus/setup and did not see the filed or how to do it.

Can you help with this by any chance?

Menu, Menu, Setup, Data Bar, Data Fields

Hopefully you are using V8.20 software. The AGL field is one of the newer fields, but has still been there over a year.

Thanks,
Steve

Hopefully you are using V8.20 software. The AGL field is one of the newer fields, but has still been there over a year.

Thanks,
Steve

Sorry for the thread drift here. Curious if Garmin has considered adding more engine data component options for the Data Fields. I would like to get some engine data here, due to the limitations on the Engine bar. I am using 370's.

Larry

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,
Thank you for this and I will try it and report back. I am using 8.20 version.

Back