What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LtCol. Pete Krok passing

jetmech

Well Known Member
Hello,
I am Stephen Krok, son of Peter. It is with great sorrow that I write to you today. My father passed away 4/1/2016 due to complications from cancer. He has touched so many people?s lives and has been a great role model and beacon for me and many others. Thank you for being a part of his life.

Built and flew RV-7 in retirement and setup the Subenews group to help fellow
Builders sort out issues
Just learned of this today from his son
Hand Salute to you Col. blue sky's and tailwinds
Lee

Stephen,
I am saddened at the pain you are feeling but uplifted by your homage to your dad. No doubt a piece of him lives on in you.

So sad to hear this news. Pete and me corresponded many times with regards to his plane, Subaru engine and the very valuable Subenews group he set up for Eggenfellner engine users. He put countless hours into that group to help the collective membership, we all owe a lot to him and he was also often helping other builders with their RVs.

What a fine, friendly, patient and giving man he was. I'm honored to have known him.

Stephen, if you're reading this, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like...

Last edited:
Pete Krok

I?m sorry to hear of Pete?s passing. I knew him when he was assigned to Norton AFB; now San Bernardino International Airport. Pete was a good, hard-working man and a very, very nice person.

Blue skies, Pete!

I was just thinking about Pete a few days ago, and thinking that I hadn't heard from him in awhile, and that I should look him up. I am very, very sorry to hear of his passing. Peter was the nicest of people. He was very generous and level-headed, and it was a real pleasure to work with him on our RV projects.

PeteKrok.jpg

PeteKrokObit.jpg

Last edited:
Pete

Pete Krok was a great guy who helped many people.
He will be missed by all who had the chance to know him.

Blue Skies,
Robert Paisley

I met Pete through the SubeNews group he started, and once in person at OSH. His impact has been significant. My condolences to his family.

Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like your Dad was a great man. Very sorry for your loss.

:(

All the best to his family.

Stephen,

My deepest condolences on your dad's passing. Pete and I had many building/engine conversations over the years. We got to hang out at OSH a few years back and he was truly inspiring. We even shared a few laughs.

I hope your family (and the aviation family for that matter) all find solace in knowing that Pete is in a better place.

Blue Skies, Pete.

- Scott

Back