What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No final drill on rudder stiffeners?

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Am I reading the plans right when I find nowhere to final drill the stiffeners to the rudder skins? I'm not finding it, but is this in the list of things that you are just supposed to know to do?

Those holes are punched to final size, however they probably still need to be deburred.

If you check, you will see that a rivet will fit nicely in the prepunched holes. As the latest kit from Van's, the 14 may probably have the most holes to final size yet.

Finally?..a pre-punch moment

You -14 guys have it sooooo much easier that us pre-punch guys (I've waited a long time to say that) :D

And we don't need to hear from you pre pre-punch guys (and gals) :D:D:D

Those holes are punched to final size, however they probably still need to be deburred.

If you check, you will see that a rivet will fit nicely in the prepunched holes. As the latest kit from Van's, the 14 may probably have the most holes to final size yet.

You -14 guys have it sooooo much easier that us pre-punch guys (I've waited a long time to say that) :D

And we don't need to hear from you pre pre-punch guys (and gals) :D:D:D

All I got was a sketch on a napkin and a box of Bauxite.

Back