What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12iST

Nothing short of awesome.
Is that a Garmin GTN 650?
Only change I would have made was to position the Garmin Autopilot at the top.
Love the G3X's.
The "Push to Talk" button on the right panel is a very nice touch.
Beautiful panel.
High quality workmanship.

Last edited:
It does look like the 650.. sooo.. minus the garmin radio, add the audio panel and the 650.. I guess the iST is an extra $10k.

Since I don't see a breaker for pitot heat.. I'm going to assume that the iST is not intended for actual IFR flight.. even though it may be IFR legal.

Last edited:
Beautiful. Wish the ELT manufacturers would up their game and have a switch/indicator light that is more aesthetically pleasing and worthy of being on this panel.

erich

Curious...

Is this a prototype to a potential offering from Van's? Or just a proof of concept? I'm assuming the "T" is for "trainer"? Can you enlighten those of us looking at building the -12 in the near future?
Thanks! And thanks for commenting on my IFR post earlier as well.

Is this a prototype to a potential offering from Van's? Or just a proof of concept? I'm assuming the "T" is for "trainer"? Can you enlighten those of us looking at building the -12 in the near future?
Thanks! And thanks for commenting on my IFR post earlier as well.

It is the S-LSA certification prototype (first example, used for certification purposes) for the RV-12iS. It was built in the trainer configuration that will be available as an option on an S-LSA.
For more info call Van’s and ask to speak with Eric.

Back