What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich C2372 Spinner

Robski

I am considering changing out my 25 year old Wooden Warnke prop for a metal Sensenich. Pretty well decided on the prop itself (4"extension, 7/16" bolts, 79" pitch) but wondering about the spinner.

I will fit a new spinner, fairly obviously, but I am considering the 2 options that present themselves, a fibreglass Van's cut-it-yourself one or a finished Sensenich all aluminium one (C2372) at around $800.

Any advice?

How easy is the Van's one to fit (nicely)? If it's going to take 2 attempts to get it right then the Sensenich being correct right out of the box begins to look less expensive.

As far as I can see Van's don't sell the Sensenich Spinner as part of their prop packages. I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this!

Spinner off speed limit for the sensenich spinner

While not in the operating limitations, I have first hand experience with the ears of the sensenich backplate prop fill section permanentLY deforming over 1800 rpm when the spinner cone is not mounted Just be careful. I had to replace mine. Otherwise it fits well and runs true. YMMV.

Last edited:
backplate to cowl

I desided to use the sensenich spinner but havenot flown yet I hade the vans spinner for a wooden prop so I could compare them also I called sensenich and asked for the distance for both their spinners going backwards from the spinner back plate the jest of it all is the metal spinner goes backward farther then vans spinner or the ground adjustable spinner sensenich sells for that prop. since I cut the cowl for the sensenich metal prop on my 7 and have 1/4 inch of clearance between the spinner back plate and cowl if I ever change for a wood prop or ground adjustable prop I will have 3/32 larger gap between cowl and spinner if I use vans spinner of sensenichs ground adjustable spinner. I don't see this as a problem but something you might want to know. my sensenich metal prop is the one for an o-360 180 hp and the spinner that goes to it

Thanks for the feedback, chaps.

In the light of Bill's advice I will have to measure my cowling / spinner gap and decide accordingly, but my feeling is the gap is just about adequate and closing it up with the Sensenich spinner is probably going to create problems. So it's beginning to look like one of Van's finest is in order.

Oh yes, I hadn't mentioned the engine - a Lycoming O-320 E2D.
I do realise that the engine size and the induction (carb/injection) all make a difference to cowlings etc.

Fortunately my 6 has a 13" spinner.
Someone at Van's once told me that very early 6's may have a 12" one (which they now don't appear to sell) and a cowling to suit!

Back