What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sharing NAV Database Across Multiple GRT EFIS

Canadian_JOY

Well Known Member
I was certain this topic would have been discussed here previously but my searches didn't turn up any good hits...

I have a GRT Mini and a GRT HX in our panel. I'm curious as to how one manages to get the same Jepp NAV data into both EFIS devices. I haven't updated mine yet, but now that our aircraft is flying I'll be purchasing a Jepp subscription fairly soon - I just want to be sure I am prepared to make it work correctly. A local pilot has a similar setup and reported that he unzipped the files on a USB and plugged it into one EFIS and it updated the nav database just fine, but when he tried the second EFIS the results indicated the database files on the USB were corrupt. As a result he has a current nav.db on one EFIS and on the other his nav.db is one cycle out of date. This is the situation I'd like to avoid.

What's the correct or most effective way of sharing the Jepp Nav database between GRT EFIS equipment installed in the same aircraft? According to GRT documentation this function IS supported under a single Jepp subscription but there are precious few details in GRT's documentation about how to go about accomplishing this task.

Thanks for your well-considered replies.

Back