What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Closing up Bottom of Wing Questions

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
So what is easier to do with the bottom skin off? Are there anythings that are easier to install prior to closing up.

For example, should the aileron actuation be put in place first or does having it in place make riveting on the skin harder?

What about pitot installation and the tubing for it if you are going to install AOA pitot.

Thanks
Ken

Happy to help a home town boy...

Have you spoken to Froggy or Pat? They will be more than willing to help.

With my-9, I ran the pitot, AoA lines, wire conduit, pitot mount (Gretz), landing lights in the leading edges, and installed the bell cranks before closing the wings.

Good luck.

Don't put. The pushrods in

I had put the pushrods, but ended up taking them to rivet the bottom skin in. Would definitely run pitot and wiring first and fit the pitot tube and install the bell crank .

The Pitot and AOA lines would be very difficult to run once the bottom skins are installed. If you didn't install a conduit for your wiring then you should probably install the wiring too. If you did install a conduit then you can do it later.

Back