What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weekend in Napa, CA

bruceh

Well Known Member
I've been going to Napa to do wine tasting for over 30 years. This time we finally made it up there by RV!

It was an easy 3 hour flight straight up from San Diego.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%20Jul%2011%2C4.37.41%20PM-M.png

When we landed a guy pulls up in this ridiculous Black Cadillac Escalade and asks if I'm Mr. Hill. I guess that's our ride for the weekend!

IMG_1753-M.jpg

Napa Jet Center got us all set up with some pointers to wineries and gave us some coupons for wineries to go to for complimentary tastings. Some of the wineries up there are very pricey. Tastings can be $40! We ended up with about 5 bottles to take home after hitting 6 wineries in two days. We had a couple of nice meals and did some shopping.

Here are some photos of the trip.

On our way home the skies were clear over SF so we diverted over the Bay to circle the Golden Gate Bridge.

IMG_1836-M.jpg

My wife took some video. At the :55 second mark you will see another RV flying towards the bridge. I love having ADS-B Traffic! There were several moving targets in the area, mostly below us.

The trip back was an easy 3 hour flight with a nice tailwind.

Bruce, did you see the castle? If not, you have a good reason to come back.

Google Napa castle.......... This area is in my back yard. And, YES it is a great area to fly.

Great stuff, Bruce! Thanks for posting. We'll have to do that "flight of two" to Catalina soon. I'm flying to Chandler, AZ on Thursday, my first trip out of state (I'm flying early to avoid those peak 113-degree ambient temps!).

Doug, just remember it's a dry heat! :) Stay cool.
Just let me know when you want to get out to Catalina. This weekend I'm heading to SLC in Utah, then off to Oshkosh the following weekend.

Gasman, I didn't know about the Castle. We were right across the street from it at a couple of points. Every time we go up there we try to hit new wineries, but I can only taste so much in a day. :)

Back