What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matching backlight curves - G5 & G3Xt

gfb

Well Known Member
Anyone sort out how to get matching backlight curves for the G5 & G3Xt? Mine are never the same intensity. It would be easier if I could see the changes in curves live without having to reboot the units but alas.

Anyone?

The G5 backlight is either controlled off of the photocell or manually. The G3X can be controlled manually, through the photocell, or using a dimming bus.

If you have a dimming bus for the G3X and have the G5 on photocell, you could dim the G3X to match the G5 on photocell.

If all products are on the photocell, you would need to sit in your cockpit and adjust the lighting bus values on both the G3X and G5 through various lighting conditions. The values are immediately stored and the dimming works in configuration mode. However, I do understand that the effect of different colors on the display in normal mode may make it harder to balance brightness when looking at the configuration mode screens. I would try to balance them as closely as you can through the brightness range in configuration mode, then check it in normal mode.

Thanks,
Levi

Team X Project Manager

Darn. I was hoping there was some scientific answer from the G3Xperts on how to match the curves. I?ve been perplexed by the G3X/G5/GTN differences in transition to/from low light to dark

Back