What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Training with Bruce Bohannon

wbhammack

I'm new to the RV community. If fact, I have another 9 days until I head out to North Carolina to purchase my first RV-8. I just wanted to take a few minutes to share my experience with Bruce Bohannon. I showed up with zero tailwheel time and walked out of Bruce's hanger with an excellent understanding of tailwheel flying and the skill set to safely operate my new aircraft. I'm a retired Navy guy and current airline pilot. I've seen all kinds of instructors over the years and I can honestly say that Bruce is one of the best out there. He has an incredible gift that allows him to simplify complex issues. His feedback was spot on....every single approach, without exception.

If you are new to the tailwheel community or just want to sharpen your skills I wholeheartedly recommend you make time in your schedule for a trip down to see Bruce. I had the opportunity to get my tailwheel endorsement from several sources but I followed the recommendations of several of you on this forum. That was the best advice I've ever received. The cost of training with Bruce will be the best money you'll ever spend in aviation. I could go on for hours about the excellent instruction I received but I'll just leave it with this.....If you're new to tailwheel / RV-8 flying you should consider training with Bruce as a requirement. If you've been at it for while, take the time to fly down to see Bruce....he'll make you better.

Fly Safe...

Back