What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3 mtns in under 2 hrs - pacific NW

kjlpdx

Well Known Member
flew over mt st Helens, then east over mt adams, then sw to mt hood. never get tired of circling the summits. I once climbed mt hood up the eastside cooper spur route and traversed clear over to the reid glacier headwall [60? blue ice!] before giving up and resummiting. I now just fly around in my RV and take pictures. SO much safer.

Very nice!

Fantastic up close mountain shots. Great day in Oregon!
Katie, I and the dogs went to the beach.
9qgsch.jpg

people ask why I have my wing in the shot. I do it on purpose. I've gotten pretty experienced at flying with my knees. so, I love your beach shot. just watch out for the birds, or is that the dogs' job? :)

These are some great pics! I need to take that flight too!

On a different note, in the event anyone is interested in knowing how to get rid of the grey/whitish fog or haze common to both digital cameras and, especially, when photographing through a canopy, there is a common feature on most photo-editing software packages called the "levels" adjustment. It's real simple to use and can dramatically improve the clarity of your pictures. Here's a few examples, first the unedited photos above and then a copy with the levels adjustment done. I might have taken it a bit far and made the sky a bit too blue, but you should get the point:

original...
2ykar5t.jpg

same pic with levels adjustment...
jha87l.jpg

original...
qqbc3p.jpg

same pic with levels adjustment...
4gm5xu.jpg

Hope this helps anyone interested.

Last edited:
I share a hangar with another -6A. my plane resides on a 2' high ramp so that the wings can stack. I got tired of walking into the std pitot tube. at one point the pitot tube was even longer with an angle of attack vane on it, but it developed flutter, so I removed the vane and shortened the tube. I like the machine gun look. I joke that with the change I picked up 10 kts. actually it's accuracy seems fine.

Back