What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FliteTest Smoke Video

Hey Johnny,
Very nice....you looked a little 'stiff' for the first second or two but ya' loosened right up as soon as it got rolling....ha ha :D!!
Great video and looked like you all had a fun time.....very informative as well.
SUPER NICE RV TOO.....you are definitely one of 'thee best' builders in town :).

John,
What a beautiful airplane! I haven't seen that one yet - I've been away to long. Nice 3 point landing too. Looks like you've done that a few times!

So many videos of flying these days are just boring footage and loud music to distract you. This is a great example of good edits, mixture of views and dialog that is intelligent. A breath of fresh air! (well, a bit smoky)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I would like to take credit for this but I really had little to do with it. FliteTest has been coming to the house for the past few weeks to shoot several episodes. When Austin showed them the smoke system they decided right then and there they were doing an episode. How could I disappoint them?

Scott, My son made sure the landing looked good thanks to the power of editing ;)

John's smoke

Scott, John and Marvin,
Great job on the smoke and the great video, with sponsors!

I'm slowly getting my "roll your own" smoke system completed,using Marvin's injector nozzles. It's been slow due to the HS spar SB, Concurrent with house sale and moving. However when things settle a bit it will be completed, and I will post a complete report. At least I know that Marvin's nozzles will work!

Thanks for giving us the link, John - it encourages me to get moving.

Inverted Flight Capability

Hi, did anybody know if the tank works without leaks in sustained inverted flight?

Regards

Back