What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Builders?

NavyIBNFE

Hello all,

Any chance there are any RV-12'ers who have recently finished or have finished and are flying their RV-12?

I would like to attend the RV-12 Expo in June, but my work commitments may not allow for time off.

I am interested in building and would like to try and grab a fam flight and walk around in an RV-12. I have seen them at air shows, but was not able to get a ride at Van's when I drove down due to aircraft availability. :/

I would just like to get with someone and have some questions answered about building and flying a 12 as an Amateur Experimental Homebuilt, I would not be looking to make it an E-LSA aircraft, however, the resale someday as an E-LSA may be beneficial.

Thanks guys!

Best,
Jacob

Jacob,

I don't have an RV-12 anymore, but I would be willing to talk about building one, my dad and I built one of the early kits.

I have a friend close by who has one and he may be around to show his. I am at Arlington (AWO) and am there pretty much all day Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.

RV-12

Hey! THats great- I would be more than willing to drive down to KAWO. I Live in Coupeville, but am almost always free on the weekends as well.

It looks like you have had quite the experience with RV kits - are you currently working on the RV-9?

I would really like to build a -7 or -8, but I think the economy of the 12 fits my mission. I will be OK without aerobatics for the time being. I really want to build as well, but do not feel confident enough to take on an older kit like the -4, or I would do so. The -12 seems like it would be a great intro to building. Quick, economic flying and good residual resale in the LSA market.

I would think the final cost of building a -12 would be considerably less than a reasonably equipped -8 or -7 also.

I'm working on the -9 slowly. I'm just finishing up a condition inspection on the -4 at the moment. Plus occasionally helping my Dad with a Sportsman.

The -12 is the easiest and fastest to build, but it has it's limitations, as do all airplanes. There is at least one of just about every flavor of RV at Arlington.

The weather doesn't look good for flying this weekend, but good for hangar flying.

Back