What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Albuquerque RVers to the rescue

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
Thank you to all the RVers who assisted me when my RV was down on Memorial Day at KAEG.
My cross country trip from Florida to South Lake Tahoe was interrupted when my starter failed while attempting to leave KAEG. Then, minutes later, the calvary arrived, when I see a 7 ship overhead break with smoke. After their debrief, it was all hands on deck. David Otero was especially helpful as we pulled my plane to his hanger & proceeded to remove & bench test my starter. Hoping a good clean & lube would allow me to continue, it wasn't to be.
The starter damage was under warranty by SkyTek & they have really stepped forward to get me back in the air. They have agreed to swap out my damaged starter. That's great customer service. I'l make my way back to KAEG in a few weeks to continue my trip.
Gotta love this community!

The starter damage was under warranty by SkyTec & they have really stepped forward to get me back in the air. They have agreed to swap out my damaged starter. That's great customer service.

I praised SkyTec customer service a bit premature.
SkyTec originally said they would cover the LS under warranty, but has since reneged on it.
I figured it would be a good time to swap it for the high torque NL model.

Back