What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dial indicator

Eztroller

Well Known Member
Im inhereting a lot of tools from my father in law, and was wondering if anyone used one of these during the build. Im completely unfamiliar with its use. Thx

I was a machinist in a prior life, and am very familiar with them-------never used it on the 10 build.

It will come in really handy if you ever need to check crank run-out or end play. It can be used to check valve lift. Basically anywhere that needs a precision linear measurement, and that is generally during engine build/repair.

I would keep it and learn to use it. You never know when it will come in handy. Plus you can never have too many tools, right?

Yes, too many tools is a great thing. I am very fortunate. He was a machinist, mechanic, and built furniture. Moving to a retirement community and he has left it all to me. Thx for the info. As i sift through the remainder of things, i my inquire again.

Used a dial indicator mounted to a step ladder to check the run out on my spinner. This was in addition to the pointer at the tip of the spinner. Wanted to make sure I had 0+- wobble on the spinner cause I didn?t screw to the forward spinner bulkhead. Did a proseal spinner to bulkhead fit as well.

Back