What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR200 Test Please

JBHansen

New rv12 with dual skyview and GTR 200 comm radio. I can't get sound via the headsets right side - both pilot andf co-pilot. I have tested my headset via my pc. How can I test to see if it a radio thing or wiring thing?

New rv12 with dual skyview and GTR 200 comm radio. I can't get sound via the headsets right side - both pilot andf co-pilot. I have tested my headset via my pc. How can I test to see if it a radio thing or wiring thing?

Hello JB,

I would start by using the Headset Tests page provided by the GTR 200 to both test for and identify Pilot/Copilot L/R channel shorts, and to utilize test tones sent to L/R channels of Pilot and Copilot headsets to verify correct operation and wiring.

This testing is described on page 3-14 of the Rev. H GTR 200 Installation Manual.

Also verify that the Mono switch is not set on your stereo headset.

Thanks,
Steve

That GTR200 is stereo. Might check and see if your headsets are set up for stereo. I think that com also has a mono wiring option but most people wire it stereo and like the feature of the surround sound. That's really a nice com radio.

Thanks for the replies. I have gone thru the GTR200 Headset Tests. That is where I found out the right speakers were not working. My headset is set to stero, verified by plugging them into my pc and listening to music. Any other ideas? Is there a way to hook up to the pins coming out ot the GTR200 and check activity? If there is no activity there, then it is the radio. If there is, then it is the wiring.

Thanks for the replies. I have gone thru the GTR200 Headset Tests. That is where I found out the right speakers were not working. My headset is set to stero, verified by plugging them into my pc and listening to music. Any other ideas? Is there a way to hook up to the pins coming out ot the GTR200 and check activity? If there is no activity there, then it is the radio. If there is, then it is the wiring.

Hello JB,

You told us the results of the tone test (nothing heard in right speakers on both headsets), but you didn't tell us the result of the short test.

Any short indications shown for any of the 4 speakers on that page?

If you see any short indications with the headsets plugged in, remove them and see if the short indication(s) go away.

Please contact us directly by email or phone shown below for more efficient customer support.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Back