What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RS232 Feed

SR2500

Well Known Member
I've searched but can't seem to find an answer. I have an RS232 feed coming from my KLX-135A to my Tru Trak ADI. However, I didn't allow for a feed to my Tru Trak Digitrak. Can I simply split the feed from the KLX-135A and use it for the ADI and Digitrak? Simple Solder Sleeve splice would be easy.
Thanks,
Jerry Folkerts

I'm far from an electronics expert, so I can't answer to the ins and outs of splitting it.

However, when I first bought the -10 there was an issue with the RS-232 feed to my Digiflight II, and after some research and discussion I split the feed just like you mentioned.

It worked just fine.

That's my "n" of 1, FWIW.

Yes you can. I feed 3 RS-232 GPS inputs from one GPS using a terminal strip with no problems. At higher baud rates, you need to be careful with noise / interference / shielding / twisting wire, but not with lower baud rates as I understand it.

Generally speaking, yes, you can split one out into several in?s. Because each input does consume some power, and the out can only supply so much, there is a limit. But most RS232 outs can drive two inputs; some can drive three; etc. Of course all of these inputs will be at the same format and baud rate.

Back