What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Miscellaneous

PeterP

Hope it?s ok to start a thread instead of answering on the sticky.

Louise, thanks for the offer on the photos but I must admit I have been looking at your great album and any other sites or links with photos, which are all a big help. Should have the wings completely drilled today so then disassemble, debur, dimple, wash, prime you know how it goes.

Does anyone have experience or heard anything about the ground adjustable props by Whirlwind or Sensenich? Not a CS I know but should be lighter and more ecomomical. Dial in the pitch for the mission.

A question about inverted oil and the problems of lack of room FWF, I was thinking about an accumulator rear of FW, I know hot oil inside but I have seen them in Pitts and it only has to be on for aeros . Also a good way to pre oil before start.
Regards Peter

Hi Peter!

Good to see there is someone else puzzling over the inverted oil problem on the -3. Right now, i am seriously on the fence as to whether or not we are going t make it happen or not - I have talked to a number of RV'ers who have said that the accumulator is really necessary if you want to stop prop surging at zero-G, and since that is really what I am interested in (more than negative G, just being able to make nice vertical lines), I question the need for the entire system if I can't fit an accumulator.

I'm not thrilled with plumbing the oil behind the firewall - probably wouldn't choose that for myself, but certainly you could study the risks and make the trade. Those accumulators are big!

I'll make the decision soon on which way we go, I hope - we're getting close to having to finalize the FWF.

Paul

Back