What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avstar overhauled carbs

rvsxer

Well Known Member
I just installed an Avstar overhauled, Marvel Schebler MA-4-5 on my RV-6. Looks great, runs super. I kinda had my heart set on the blue "Smurf" float assy, but it sounds as if Avstar puts in their own approved brass float. Just curious, has anyone had a problem with those approved brass floats leaking or breaking off the bracket?

By the way, Avstar's service was great and they only charged $25 for 2nd Day Air shipping. I had asked a couple of questions via email and Eric at Avstar answered them right away.

I just installed an Avstar overhauled, Marvel Schebler MA-4-5 on my RV-6. Looks great, runs super. I kinda had my heart set on the blue "Smurf" float assy, but it sounds as if Avstar puts in their own approved brass float. Just curious, has anyone had a problem with those approved brass floats leaking or breaking off the bracket?

By the way, Avstar's service was great and they only charged $25 for 2nd Day Air shipping. I had asked a couple of questions via email and Eric at Avstar answered them right away.

I'm very pleased with my Avstar carb on an O-320-E2D. I've probably got 300 hours on it now. They answer emails in a timely manner and are very helpful. I really like the online parts store too.

Back