What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 as a technically advanced aircraft

patmiller

Sure looks like I can use my -12 for commercial and CFI training... Dynon Skyview seems like it meets the FAA's definition of PFD/MFD

The new rule offers an alternative to meet the previously required 10-hours of complex aircraft training to be met by ?any combination of turbine-powered, complex, OR technically advanced aircraft? (TAA). A TAA aircraft is defined as an aircraft that has ?an electric Primary Flight Display (PFD) that includes at a minimum, an airspeed indicator, turn coordinator, attitude indicator, heading indicator, altimeter, and vertical speed indicator and an electronic Multifunction Display (MFD) that includes at a minimum, a moving map using Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation with the aircraft position displayed, and a two-axis autopilot integrated with the navigation and heading guidance system.?

Yeah... I have to question whether their definition lives up to Technically Advanced. Maybe it should have been designated as ?Modern / commonly found in new GA aircraft?.

Always fun to speculate on English words that are strung together and no longer have English meaning (as in FAA docs).

The quote does say, 'combination of'...

So, turbine+complex? Turbine alone? Complex alone? Complex+technically advanced? Technically advanced alone? Turbine+technically advanced?

Back