What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LED Position Light Bulb Replacements

CamTom12

I recently replaced my position light bulbs with LEDs from pilotlights.net. One of my original bulbs failed on me and I found these as a group of 3.

I like how bright they are and how little power they draw, but I've got some pretty good radio noise when they're powered on. I'd prefer to not have to re-wire my lights with shielded wire if at all possible - any other options?

Does anyone have any recommendations for LEDs that don't make radio noise?

Thanks!

Yes.
Go with AeroLEDs' position lights. They've really broken the code on how to install them with eliminated noise.

I personally went with the AVEO Engineering Powerburst lights and they are great. AVEO had some "yellowing" issues with these in the past but seem to have fixed that with the new versions. There are many options out there for LED position lights that don't generate RF noise.

:cool:

Last edited:
I emailed the company last night to see if they knew of anything that I could try. The replied this afternoon and said more than likely a bulb was bad. They?re shipping me new bulbs and a return label for the originals. He said they?d check them out when they got them. My assumption is to see if they need to clean up any manufacturing processes.

I still plan to troubleshoot a little with the current bulbs before I swap the new ones in. Just for curiosity?s sake.

FlyLeds

Brilliant lighting, economical and if you wired your plane right (audio) these do not give you any trouble.

https://flyleds.com

I have seen some systems make a lot of noise, and I was apprehensive about making a complete system change on our RV10, but it was perfect.

You can assemble the board kits yourself or for a few bucks more have them prebuilt.

Couple of video's there .....sorry about the second one. :rolleyes:

FlyLeds

Brilliant lighting, economical and if you wired your plane right (audio) these do not give you any trouble.

https://flyleds.com

I have seen some systems make a lot of noise, and I was apprehensive about making a complete system change on our RV10, but it was perfect.

You can assemble the board kits yourself or for a few bucks more have them prebuilt.

Couple of video's there .....sorry about the second one. :rolleyes:

I've heard good things about them but my current set up is Whelen A650's. Trying to incorporate an LED "bulb" into the nav lights of those.

Polaris 12V

Yes.
Go with AeroLEDs' position lights. They've really broken the code on how to install them with eliminated noise.

Thank you! We like them too! Yes, our Polaris light will drop in under the colored lens as an LED bulb replacement if you decide to change them out again. Top notch, will last just about to forever, and no noise. :D

Natalie

Back