What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pump and Filter

jswareiv

Well Known Member
I notice in the Fuselage plans, it calls for the fuel pump and filter which are not provided in the kit. I was wanting to take out the Van's fuel selector and order the Andair like in the RV-14. Should I just order the pump and filter from Van's, or is there a better one out there that everyone is using?

I notice in the Fuselage plans, it calls for the fuel pump and filter which are not provided in the kit. I was wanting to take out the Van's fuel selector and order the Andair like in the RV-14. Should I just order the pump and filter from Van's, or is there a better one out there that everyone is using?

Kind of a Ford v. Chevy question. Lots use the AFP setup from Van's. I went with the EFII pump and I'm very happy with its performance to date.

I used Andair fuel selector valve, Andair fuel pump, and AFP fuel filter. When I ordered the Andair stuff at their Airventure booth, it came as an RV-10 Special package and included a fuel filter. After getting it and looking at the limited surface area of the filter screen, I threw it out and opted for the AFP filter which had about 4X the surface area of the Andair. This was about 7-8 years ago so maybe Andairs filters have changed since then.

Back